Gramps 4.2.3 released
Today, the Gramps team releases version 4.2.3,
a maintenance release. Think on backup before upgrade!
Fixes and changes since 4.2.2 release:
- Fix creation of the “graphic calendar report”
- Fix “TypeError: ‘tuple’ object does not support item assignment
- Fix experienced an unexpected error
- Unable to build narrated web site
- [NarrativeWeb report] Places index and Media index are incorrectly sorted
- Error when trying to create narrative report (residence event)
- Fix filter set by default on selector, ‘Show all’ button
- Detailed Ancestors Report has ? for locations when [private data is excluded]
- Age in the event family view column is wrong.
- Crash when dragging multiple media items to clipboard
- vCal Export File format invalid
- Error occurs for Complete Individual Report — complete database
- Narrated Web Site Report: places page is no longer sorted alphabetically
- Narrative web: html elements emitted in different order
- Narrative web: “errno: 1, operation is not permitted” when creating archive.
- Narrative Web report further stops in error.
- ODF file format on reports crashing for multiple lines on firstname
* Fix multiple lines on gramps XML file via import or export
- Fix scrolling in persons view after typing some letters
- Location on geography view could not convert string to float
- setup.py: make typeout more accurate
- Searching in people view when surnames are collapsed
- Fix error when changing database in new locations gramplets
- Error loading Participants add-on in French locale
- Restores setting the stdout encoding to sys.getdefaultencoding() for Python3
- Fix comment about getting the right encoding for stdout.
- Date format does not match system.
* Make US English a special-case locale, where en_GB is the default for english based locales
- Enhance the Locations gramplet
* New “Encloses” gramplet to the display places that the active place encloses
- Individuals with incomplete names, not updated when name completed
- Children gramplet in Family view does not get updated when a birth/death events are added to a child
- Non-image media objects don’t appear in the main window gallery.
- Pressing tab stops at element in gui places
- Double-clicking on a source in the citation gramplet causes exception
- “Find text in record” filter crash
- Fix vCard Export
- Notes used in the “To Do” gramplet are found by the Remove Unused Objects tool
- Unable to select Unicode
- Cannot import gedcom generated by RootsMagic custom place details ignoring PlaceName()
- Fix people sorted by surname view
- Complete Report about person (whole database) – PDF – crash
- Update for travis
- Only consider the values of LC_ALL, LANG, and LANGUAGE, in that order, when choosing the default locale.
- New Icelandic date and relationships handlers
- Fix Finnish translation in keywords of desktop entry
- Updated and fixed translations: cs, de, el, fi, fr, hu, is, it, ru, sl, sv, uk