Gramps 4.1.0 released
The Gramps team releases version 4.1.0, the “Name go in book“.
This is a new major release.
Don’t upgrade before verifying your system can run it.
New features on 4.1.x branch:
- GEP 006: Better Place handling
- New Tags support on Event, Place, Repository, Source, and Citation
- Source/Citation Data becomes Attributes
- Add optional support for checksum on Media object
- New place hierarchies model
- By default, you can choose navigator modes with a drop down.
- New Place editor
- Enhanced MediaReference Editor
- Some debug tools move to new gramplets
- Full Python 3 support
- New functions and widgets related to Place and Media selections
- Enhancements on to_struct()
- New methods on Date handlers
- Better support on translation for inflection rules
See the Changelog for more details.
You can get Gramps 4.1.0 from the download page.