Gramps 4.0.3 released
The Gramps team releases version version 4.0.3, the “It’s tomorrow, ask me now“.
This is a maintenance release for the next generation of Gramps, don’t upgrade before verifying your system can run it.
Changes since Gramps 4.0.2:
- Fix copy via context menu on Views into Charts Category
- Fix Tab sequence in Name Editor
- Fix citations gramplet into media view
- Fix unhandled exception when inspecting media
- Fix Citation sidebar filter for python3
- Fix add link to a “Html code” note
- Fix message on backup dialog
- Fix space for selection lists
- Fix spell with myspell and LANG
- Fix changes root cursor to hand
- Recent file parser now gives the file location
- Fix vertical overflows on check and repair-tool dialog
- Fix custom key/value (data item) on Database difference report
- Fix unhandled exception in media exif information under Windows OS
- Fix person selector in searchfilter under Windows OS
- Starting Gramps without console is now possible under Windows OS
- Specific OS handling
- Common fixes and changes with 3.4.7.
- Updated translations: ca, de, fi, fr, ru
OS X: Mac OS X will see an official installer shortly after release with all components
Linux: We expect Linux packages for different distributions. Gramps 4.0 will only work on distributions released since October 2012, use virtualbox for older distributions. Some optional dependencies are not available yet on most distribution at the time of release. If you want those, you need to install them from source, see Ubuntu derivatives walkthrough in the installation guide for these. Specifically for Ubuntu derivatives spell checking, geography view and exiv image data require installation of source components.
Windows: Much work has been done the last months to obtain the stack needed for Gramps on Windows. A first AIO installer is available on the download page.
See the Changelog for more details.
You can get Gramps 4.0.3 from the download page.