Gramps 4.0.0-alpha5 released
Some weeks after 4.0.0-alpha4, the developers have released:
“UNSTABLE” Gramps 4.0.0 Alpha5 release.
This release fixes some bugs and adds new features.
Changes since alpha4:
- Move to grampslocale, const
- Move from pyexiv2 to GExiv2, metadata
- Better log statements
- Improvements on encoding handling, unicode
- Consistency on dialogs and options (reports)
- Some fixes on Web reports
- Better PyICU integration, sort functions
- OS specific: Mac, Windows
- Geography views
- Ability to use latest gtkspell version
- Debug on tools, libs, DB stuff
- Fixes on filename, filter, proxy and export assistant
- New install script as launcher for UNIX-like OS
- Improvements for thumbnails, gdkpixbuf under Windows OS
- Some translation updates
You can download Gramps 4.0.0-alpha5 for testing only from sourceforge unstable section.