Gramps 3.3.0 is now available!
Over the weekend of June 11-12 2011, we released the newest feature-filled version of Gramps: v3.3.0. Our beta from several weeks ago didn’t generate much feedback. For that reason, we decided to skip beta2 and go directly to “release”. Knowing this is a x.0 feature release, we know we’ll likely have to issue a 3.3.1 fix relatively soon to address issues as they come up.
Here is part of the release e-mail with information on some of the big changes available in 3.3.0:
- many translation updates: Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Irish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Swedish, Ukrainian, and more!
- new “person name” dialog and workflow with better (or new!) support for nickname, complicated multiple surnames, patronymic as surname, family nickname, and name format preferences
- gramplet bottombar and sidebar per view, with new gramplets such as details view and image metadata viewer/editor
- ability to tag objects; this is the next version of what used to be called “markers” in previous versions of Gramps
- geography view now uses osm-gps-map
- new locality field in the place editor; hierarchy is now: Country, State, County, City, Locality, Street
- automatic check and upgrade of plugins on startup
- improved merge support of objects
- better descendant/ancestor tree reports
- undo/redo on entry fields (CTRL+Z, CTRL+SHIFT+Z)
- backup option in the exporter
- exporter based on filters with preview
- many more changes; see What’s_new
As always, you can download the latest version of Gramps from our Sourceforge page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/3.3.0/
Let us know what you think of Gramps v3.3.0!